Tuesday 20 August 2013

Finding The Time

I'm pleased to say that I have had another poem published at Poetry 24, today in fact, and called Savannah Westminster. It was inspired by the recent story about Joan Edwards money being carved up by the government amongst themselves.

I can't help feeling that it's something of a success for me to have been able to spend some quiet moments thinking in order to be able to come up with the odd poem. It's tough enough to be able to blog. Not that the little baby is too difficult, she just takes up the spare time that I used to have. 
But that's simply part of being a parent, and I have no regrets about it obviously. What I am trying to say is that when you do get to put something down onto paper (or e-ink or whatever it is these days), it feels so much more special than it used to; and maybe I should have appreciated all those chances to write that little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment